You want to know how to get the best airfare deals? Flexibility is key in order to find low-cost flights. Book early, last minute or early. And do your research. Here are 7 tips to help save money on airfare. You can see dotrey for more information.
1. Supply and demand determine flight prices. Prices are higher when there is a high demand. There are good deals to be had if you travel when there’s less demand. Fly in the middle and late afternoon, and take red-eye flights. Avoid Friday evenings, Monday mornings, and Friday nights for business travelers. Avoid travel on holidays, if at all possible. Stick with the off season.
2. You can call the airline to book your flight. Book directly with the airline and you might get a price that is lower than what you can find on airfare deals sites. The airlines pay a fee to book a flight from them on third-party sites. They will then pass on any savings to you. By contacting the airlines directly, you can get discounts of up to 5 to 15 percent on fares listed on airline deals websites.
3. Accept flights with multiple layovers. Business travelers and others who frequently travel tend to want to get there as fast as possible. Flying with low-demand and available seats can help you save a lot. To keep yourself entertained, bring lots of magazines and snacks!
4. Look at airfares from airports located within an easy driving distance of where you live. Sometimes it is possible to save big by flying from a smaller, less well-known airport. Flying to or from Newark Airport can be cheaper than flying to or from any other New York Airport.
5. Check out the airfares offered by discount airlines. A growing number of discount airlines are appearing these days. But not all of them have fares listed at the big airfare aggregators websites that list airfares for multiple airline carriers. Southwest Air (USA), Jet Blue (USA), and Spirit are all examples of discount airlines. Spirit often offers flights as low as $9 each.
6. Book your flights well in advance. Each minute, more than 2,000,000 flights are sold. During peak seasons more than 50,000 tickets are sold per second. Do not delay in buying the deal you find. If you lose the deal, you could end up paying much more. You should plan your domestic travel at least one to three months in advance. International travelers should plan their international travel at least three- to six months in advance.
7. Experimentation with different travel dates is possible. Savings can be significant by shifting your travel dates one week or two days in advance. These are typically the best flights that depart on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.